I cannot believe it's been a whole year since I've blogged. Crazy! I thought I would share a few things about us.
2011 was a year for us. The hardest year so far for us Webers. It all started in November 2010, when Dan's grandma become unable to eat any food. This lead to health problems, the advancement of dymenxia for her. She forgot my name. I was Kelly and she called Brooke the baby. Eventunally her condition got worst to the point where there was nothing that we can do, and keeping her alive seemed cruel and unusual. So Dan took her wishes into consideration and we started hospice in March. August 4th she passed away at Foundation House. The social worker, Debbie who worked there was wonderful. She handled calling the funeral home and letting us walk the body out the back door. Then at the age of 31 I planned my first funeral. Then Dan had the difficultilty of doing the estate. Where all her money and finances would go. This is why we joke he lost most of his hair. It was a hard year for our marriage and a hard year just for us in general with all the stress and grief we dealt with.
In the meantime, Brooke did not slow down on growing into a toddler. We are still trying to break the binkie habit. Ugh! Luckily she only uses it at night (yes we go in a yank it out while she sleeps) or when she's grinding her teeth. I can't stand it when she grinds. All I can say is the only thing that got us thru 2011, a completely draining year was our littles. The smiles and the "yeahs" and the "NO" yes she learned that word. Then the tantrums started. And still continue. But overall we came out of 2011 stronger, with a lot more life experience than we ever expected.
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment