Friday, July 29, 2011

Life Moves Pretty Fast

First of all, I cannot believe it's already August. You wouldn't have guessed it from our Seattle weather. Gray, overcast, sprinkles, wind, showers, etc. Twilight book kind of weather. I've been wearing sweats to bed every night this week, except last night! Maybe summer is finally here.

These past months I have been concentrating on being a mom. You are probably thinking there is nothing to it. What is she talking about? I have basically been trying to cheer Brooke into walking and crawling. Encouraging and disciplining. First off I can't believe my daughter use to look like this....

Three month year old Brooke

Now she looks like this..
13 months of toughness!

I have learned many things this year. 1 Just because a baby is crying doesn't mean you need to panic. 2. ALWAYS remember a clean diaper, pair of pants, wet wipes and a bottle when going out. 3. GOLDFISHES DUH? The most important thing to a toddler. All I can say this is my daughter. She's my world and my life. I love to get hugs and kisses from her especially when she comes up to you and gives them. She will actually give them to people she doesn't know that come over. So feel loved.

Lately my life has been crazy. The only thing that keeps me sane is to keep in touch with certain good friends on FB. I know it's the evil of the world. Or controls the world but whatever. Get social. I don't have time to go meet people at bars or even less talk on the phone. Yes I'm the worst about picking up the phone when it rings. Yes, I still don't have my voice mailbox set up... after a whole year of service. That's how I roll. But I love to Text! That's the only thing that keeps me in touch with my friends or FB. Basically I work 4 days a week. I commute to and from Seattle for work. That is a 45 minute drive with traffic or less. Each way. Sucks huh? I'm putting on my big girl pants and dealing with it. Some people don't have jobs so for my job I'm grateful. Sometime I find it hard to get away from Brooke for 9 hours a day Ok.. basically 11 hours a day with the commute. Some days are super sad because I don't see her. On Tuesdays she tends to sleep in. So when I leave she's asleep :( That's my late night so I work to 6 or 6:30 (weekly meeting). By the time I make it home she's asleep. But yes, I am the creepy mom that makes sure your covers are over you and your stuff animal is by your side. While I tiptoe out.

After my work duties I'm a mom. Which means get home, make dinner, bath and bedtime story. Then dinnertime for me. Clean the house. Workout, possibly depending on how late Brooke stays up. Yes I am letting her pick her bedtime :) Why? You ask... No really letting her pick her bedtime. I'm looking for the clues that she's tired. Like she will yawn, rub her eyes, or lay her head down. Lately she has been choosing to pick up her blankie, walk with it to her bed room... meaning "I'm turning in for the night" Sometimes it's 7:30 and she's wide awake. Ready to play.. I see no problem in letting her stay up but if I see a yawn, to bed she will go!

On another note health wise... I'm doing awesome I've almost lost 20lbs. Just in the last two months. That would be a total of 40lbs from the weight i was last year :) What's doing it? VEGGIES. VEGGIES. And a strict diet. Well not strict I'm just really really watching my portions and what I eat. Also I've started running again and hitting the gym. I love it!! But it's so hard for me to get there. I will often times do a kickboxing video while Brooke naps or after she goes to sleep... cause she likes to cut into it. She doesn't understand that I need to keep moving and she can't keep giving me hugs!

Brooke's Birthday party was a blast. We had her friends and our friends over for food and cake. As you can see below she was actually into her cake and pretty neat about it.


Although Dan and I both agree. Chuck E Cheese next time. No clean up, we can leave when we want to... buy pizza, bring a cake, BAM! Or maybe at Nana and Grandpa's next time. Lightbulb!!

The 4th of July was pretty fun. Brooke decided to try to walk. So she was walking around with assistance. Still hated her crazy crab pool... I think the eyes scared her... Unfortunately she was sooo excited about the whole day she only got one nap. So 1 year old up at 6am to 4pm... with one 1/2 an hour nap in her.. Yeah no good. Luckily we live 5 minutes from our friends (whose house we were at...) so I opted to come home put Brooke down until 9:45 so we could go watch the fireworks together. Yes she saw the fireworks. YES SHE LOVED THEM!! I held her close throughout the whole show and covered her ears when it got loud. At the end she looks at everyone around us and claps. Such a cutie pie.

Now she is in FULL walk mode. There is no stopping her!! And the pursuit of the cat. Chloe. Poor Chloe.. Brooke tries to corner her, chase her, pet her, chase her some more. I tell Chloe, "She's going to catch you someday". And Brooke will. She is determined to catch the cat. She's has spent almost up to 2 hours on hot pursuit of the kitty. Entertainment. Free time for me. Chloe isn't the kind of cat that will hiss or bite or even attack Brooke. Chloe is an old soul. She was a rescue of the Humane Society. I received her through a friend of a friend who was looking for a home for her. Luckily we let her dwell here since Dan and Chloe do have some differences... If anything Chloe is more scared of Brooke than anything.


Walking away from me towards the house. Little Miss Independent!!

Dan has been working long hours and weekends. Mostly he's had being the main caregiver for his elderly grandma who is in hospice. This is very stressful for us both but mostly with Dan. I can't take away the pain. I can't feel what he's feeling. It's basically like I am helpless and watching someone's pain go deep. 

 Basically I've been taking care of the house, Brooke and everything in between. I'm a married/single mom-housewife(yes I'm beat!). So single mom's I TOTALLY salute you!! I don't know how you do it.. I couldn't imagine the hard work of working and supporting and raising a kid.

I wish he could have someone who could help him with this but infortunately his mom passed in 1994, His grandpa passed in 1984. He is an only child and his mother was an only child. So it's just Dan.. This is very hard for him because this is the lady that raised him as a boy with his mother and grandpa. To slowly watch someone slip away like this is just awful. It's a horrible horrible thing. I hope that I will never ever have to go thru this kind of pain with my parents. Right now his grandma is in assisted living. She weights 84lbs. Not healthy but she's holding on. If you could think of Dan or maybe give a little prayer I would appreciate it.

That has been the Weber life in a nutshell for the last three months. The goodstuff = Brooke



No comments:

Post a Comment