Monday, May 16, 2011

Crawling away... Little Miss Independent!! And some relief!

Now that April is done and over with. We are hoping for some relief in May. Brooke is crawling at the speed of light. She takes off on missions to corner our cat, Chloe. So we see Chloe running one way then Brooke crawling after her.. Brooke has this curiousity with the kitty. Thank goodness Chloe is a well mannered cat. Skiddish but a pretty good cat. She has never hissed or batted at Brooke so we see that as a plus. Unfortunately it's been rainy and cold here. We are wondering where spring is so we can take a trip to the Zoo. On the off chance that is it sunny and warm, we will take Brooke to the park to swing on the baby swings. She loves to swing!! But not too long.. You can tell because she gets this look on her face.

Looking back at May of last year, I am still in awe that Brooke was inside me growing and I was so anxious to get her out. (as all of you know she turned into a June baby. But was suppose to be a May 20th baby!). I can say I have learned so much this year from this little human being. Dan has learned so much as well. And as parents we have learned so much for this little girl who, well runs our household. Yes she runs our household! The most independent girl ever! She must feed herself, she must hold her bottle herself, she must brush her own teeth (well she tries, even if it's mostly biting the toothbrush). But the best part is she needs us to hold her hand while she walks. And that whole anxiety issue has been happening. If we leave the room, she's not so independent. Luckily she's very good to my mom and Leona's mom. The last thing is the girl has personality and spunk! Enough baby talk for the moment being, even though I love to gush.. about Miss Thing.

On another note with Dan's grandmother she has choose not to take anymore treatment for her condition. She's now in hospice care. This decision was made last month. It's been draining and sad for Dan. Like any wife who basically feels what your spouse feels. I felt helpless. But his grandmother made this decision. So we have to respect her decision to go home and not be treated. Lately Dan has been just trying to make her comfortable. I've been running the house, playing mommy and working. So it's a sigh of relief that I have Wednesdays off to play catch up.

Unfortunately I have put myself last lately. I've been putting everyone first and well I need to lose weight, eat better and get back into shape. All of you know I joined WWers back in 2006. Lost an amazing 60lbs. Love Weight Watchers. It was great! It worked for me. But it didn't help me mentally in losing the weight, so I slowly regained it. I tried to re join WWers but it's just not for me anymore. So I re-instated my Jenny Craig Membership. Expensive, well it was back in 2008 when I initially joined. I forget to eat. All the time. I figure this is way healthier than rolling thru a drive thru. They have planned schedules plus the majority of their foods are yummy!  So I'm back at the gym and doing weight loss. I'm putting my health as a priority because if I'm not healthy I certainly can't play all the roles I do. Thank goodness I don't have high blood pressure or have any other health issues. Just the baby weight. That I tried to lose on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment