Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February Worst Month to Date for the Webers

February hit us Webers HARD! Usually we have fun with whatever we do but this month was especially hard. First week in February, someone broke into our house and stole most all our cool stuff. Xbox 360, controller, all the great games, Dan's new cell phone, my laptop, my ipods. It wasn't so much that all our stuff was stolen but it was the fact that someone who didn't belong in our house, jumped our back fence and came through a window. Not to mention their left their hand prints and muddy shoe marks on my carpet. Ugh! I was the first one to come home and discover this. Just knowing that someone came in.. and moved our furniture creeped me out. But the most important part was "no one was hurt". And I didn't come home to the robbery when I had Brooke in my arms (walking through the front door). So of course it's a total loss as the police said and we get to pay a deductible to get our claim money. But it seemed so unnecessary! We never thought anyone would want to break into our home. We live in a safe neighborhood but I guess with the recession, kids and people would rather break into homes to get valueables than get a job. Go figure rob the hard working. We have basically gotten over the fact that we were robbed. To be preventative, we took measures like locking the garage door, putting wooden dowels to stop windows from being slid open (that's how they got in..) and activated our ADT alarm system. We learned our lesson. And I can say I have incredible friends that were there for me and went above and beyond !

As we recovered from that, we geared up and helped Brooke make some Valentines for her little buddies.  Well, after we mailed those. Dan got the flu on Valentines Day. Stomach Flu.. So Brooke and I are fine for 24 hours then we get the nasty flu... This was knock you on your ass flu! I had never been this sick since i was a little girl. So we all had the stomach flu for a week. Luckily we all recovered last week.

Then the worst thing of the month happens. Dan's grandma goes to the hospital via ambulance. While Dan is at work. So I have Wednesdays off so I went down to the ER and sat with her. Those of you that know us, know that Dan's grandma is basically his only family. As he is basically her only family. I didn't think it was right that she be in the ER by herself. Her blood thinners got out of control. And she failed to tell anyone. In all classic grandma-ness she said she was fine. Luckily Dan got to the hospital because the doctors were asking me questions that I had no answer to. I only knew so much. And if Grandma doesn't know the answer to a question she make up an answer. She was bleeding internally. Luckily the doctors got this under control. She spent a few days in the ICU and then went home to a retirement center since we are hooking up assisted living. Luckily she's doing better and starting to eat. We are hoping for the best.

I can say we are happy to see February leave. All we say is we have incredible friends that are very supportive and are like our family. Thank you all of you! You know who you are!! And we LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

  1. *HUGS* I'm so sorry Sweetie!! Here's to a great March! XOXO!!

    ReplyDelete