The past few months have been horrid. Limping around, grimcing on just get up from a sitting position. Forget about running around or keeping up with Brooke.
But today was the day. First it's suppose to not rain. Perfect 70 degree weather in Seattle! Whoohoo!! These are the days we all wait for.
And today i got my first dose of Enbrel. The shot would basically stop, halt the damage my disease is doing to my joints and bones. Luckily my doctor called me yesterday to tell me that my TB test was negative and she was willing to come in on a Saturday to give me the shot due to the fast progression of my disease. Basically like a wild fire.. we want to stop it!
First off, this shot came in a tube, almost like an epi pin. My wrists couldn't handle it to push the button. I'm losing strength due to the huge amount of predinesone and the Methotrexate. Those medications eat up your muscle and muscle tissue.. so I have some work to do gym wise. Which I will not complain about at all :) The doctor gave me the shot in my thigh. I have to be careful to not hit a blue vein. But it hurt like HELL! Worse than an Tetenus shot! OUCH! I was blinking back the tears. Why you ask? This drug needs to stay in the fridge until it's used. Well I got the full strength of it being cold. OH NEVER doing that again. Once it hit my veins, I could feel a tingling. A good tingling. It started at the bottom of my feet. Then traveled up my calves. It felt so good!! Call me a druggy :) But relief from the pain of being in pain all the time for 5 months was glorious!! I can move my toes. When before it felt like someone was breaking each toe one by one. My knuckles are loosening up. I can walk without limping or grimcing from the pain. It's heaven! I picked up Brooke without grunting and got to hold my baby girl for the first time in months without pain!!
A few pictures of my sunshine! She keeps me going!
Brooke looking down into the water on the 4th of July.
Sitting on the counter with a tasty treat!
Not too sure about this weather and Finding Nemo..

No comments:
Post a Comment