Friday, May 25, 2012

We have a little chatterbox

I feel bloggy lately. Mostly I just want to share my thoughts in general.
Anyway, Brooke knows how to talk. She can say many words like "go", "Thank you", "please", "I love you". "Welcome" On and on.

But last night, was one for the books. All I could hear was chatter, Brooke language, as we call it. She loves to sit down with books and pretend she's reading them out loud. She memorized phrases from them. Like one book in particular that drives us all mad. Scat Cat. Nana knows about Scat Cat. I know about Scat Cat. The random act of Brooke screaming SCAT CAT! at certain times during the day. Or the fact that once we finish reading the book to her we hear "AGAIN".

But last night when it came to dinner time, she became frustrated. Full on toddler mode. :(
She didn't know what to say. So she launched into "throw my body onto the ground... " tantrum mode. Which we in turn try to not encourage and ignore. Which is so hard! But i could tell she was trying to say something or talk. But couldn't. So frustrating!!

Later on after Barbie Mermadia to the rescue, she pointed to her lady bug and shouted "LADY"!  BUG" ! Finally a light bulb went off in my brain and I asked her do you want your lady bug? I got a very enthustatic YES PLEASE!

After we said our good nights for the night. I walked into our bedroom (yes I still have a baby monitor on.. just in case I hear those screams from nightmares. Basically I like to hear what is going on in there.)  and I hear a full on party with her teddy dog "Violet" (vtech! best toy ever!) and her baby My Little Pony. I keep hearing "Vio Let" and laughing, broken sentences. I made me think, my daughter isn't a baby anymore. It just seems like yesterday I was waiting and waiting for my water to break. Now she is simply amazing us in everything she does.

Did I mention I blew bubbles for almost 2 hours last night? I really need to find a bubble machine this weekend.


Playing with her push pop, smiley face flashlight. Which magically disappeared??? Papa struck again


Eating my lunch, meaning my sandwich. I figure I will just make meals for me and put them on her plate. More appealing for toddlers.


I still don't get the appeal of putting everything in her mouth! I try to tell her ICKY!! And that usually stops it. Yes that is a Justin Bieber coin purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment