Everyone thinks "Yay I'm pregnant!" And starts shopping for cute clothes, decorating the baby's room. But you never think that "Wow we are never going to be the same!" The Tuesday I was to be induced we barely slept. Everyone was calling us so of course we were excited! I remember laying in bed thinking 'when we leave for the hospital tomorrow morning our lives will never be the same again!' We woke up at 4am and called the Labor and Delivery nurses so they can tell us when to come in. Let me remind you, I'm 42 1/2 weeks pregnant. No contractions. No mucus plug. No water breaking. Some little girl was VERY comfortable in there. Let me tell you I was SUPER uncomfortable. I had a butt in my upper rib. My blatter was her pillow (so you guessed it! I peed every 5 minutes!).
We arrived at the hospital and we were super excited. The hour of paperwork was done and I took my first Cylotec pill. Nothing.. Then I took my other Cylotec pill about noon. Nothing.. Then another pill about 2pm. Some contractions but nothing I could really feel. So the doctor came in to tell me that my induction failed. Then the disappointment set in... that my body didn't do what it was suppose to. And it seemed like everyone was counting on me to have this baby. Once we hit the Jeep I started bawling like a baby. Luckily I have a great husband. Dan calmed me down and convinced me that it wasn't my fault.
They gave me the papers to come back on Thursday to try it again. If that didn't work they tentatively scheduled me for a C section Friday morning at 10 am. They were going to let me rest a day then try the whole thing again. Wednesday morning I woke up. Tired and beat up. This may be too much information but I turned to flush the toilet and saw tons of blood everywhere. Also Miss Brooke wasn't up and kicking as usual. You guessed it, we went back to the hospital. Luckily when we got there they hooked me up and saw that Brooke was just sleep in late. That was the most scariest moment in my life! Thinking I grew this baby for 9 months and losing her... Thank God that she was alright.
Thursday morning I was all nerves. I was frusterated and excited at the same time. When we got to the hospital we knew the drill. Paperwork, IV, pee-ing in the cup, etc. So they gave me my first pill. We had to wait an hour until I could go walk around the 2nd floor. They had to monitor Brooke's heart rate to make sure she could tolerate all the drugs. You guessed it!! Nothing. They gave me a second pill about 11am. I walked around about noon. Then while walking my contractions started. Those of you that are mom's know these are just "little contractions". These aren't the real nasty ones, like at the end. Most of my pain was in my back. They suggested that I get in the tub to try and flip Brooke..she was facing "sunny side up". The whirlpool did help somewhat. The contractions started getting stronger and stronger. Thank goodness for ice chips! And Dan for coaching me through the pain. Okay so I dislocated his finger at one point during labor (before my epidural!). Not to mention I was scrapping my nails up and down the hospital bed trying to deal with the pain. Luckily the doctor came in and broke my water. Disgusting is all I have to say. But it felt so much better when she did. There wasn't as much pressure. Luckily I got to 5 or 6 cm so I could have my epidural! At this point I was doing the stupid breathing, focusing but my body started to shake from the shock of the pain.
The bottom one is how intense my contractions were coming.
Finally my shining hero in a white lab coat showed up. You guessed it the anestiologist!! I wanted to marry the guy after he gave me the shot. Did I look at the needle? Dan did.. because it's more than one needle. And I'll tell you one thing, when you are in pain.. I could care less! I just wanted the shot. So while he was giving me the shot (you have to stay perfectly still!), I had a huge contraction. Dan was right there keeping me calm with a hug like grip on me while they gave me the shot. After that I was laughing and joking. I felt great! I thought this is a breeze! I have my epidural.
Yeah right!? As you real mom's know that's not the end! Let's just say they turned off my epidural about midnight. Bitches right? I kept telling them there was still a half a bag of it left!! Let me finish the stuff! Slowly I begin to regain feeling in my thighs, feet and most importantly my back, belly and upper thighs. Then my contractions returned. And these weren't the friendly starter contractions.. these were nasty ones! So telling myself that this is a really really bad menstral cramp didn't help. That was out of the window.
I'm fast forwarding to the end. Let's just say I started pushing at 2:45am. Brooke was born at 5:53 am. I will say the pain was well worth it in the end just hearing Brooke crying. She was born without any kind of assistance, that's right I did the last part free of pain killers and any delivery assistance. I can say this was the most intense thing I have ever done.
First picture of Brooke
Dan holding Brooke for the first time!
Brooke sleeping..
They took her picture for the hospital records. She's so precious in this picture!

No comments:
Post a Comment